Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Is it possible to have the same phone number but different area codes?

I.e.

Can there be numbers:

(123)-444-5656

(456)-444-5656

(note: not real numbers)



I ask because I got a call from a guy who wanted Chinese and I told him he had the wrong number and then he told me the number and it was my number and I'm wondering if the area code is different and finally he cursed at me for "wasting his time" as if I was a Chinese delivery man playing tricks with him.Is it possible to have the same phone number but different area codes?
Yes people can have the same phone number in different area codes. I get calls like that more often than i'd like!Is it possible to have the same phone number but different area codes?
Yes of course it is possible. In fact, thats the very reason there is an area code - so that numbers can be re-used like that. The caller must have mis-dialed the area code.

No comments:

Post a Comment