Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Telephone number on my I-129f fiance visa form? What does it mean country/city/area codes?

I'm filling out the I-129F form to bring my Fiance to the US. One part (part B # 15) asks for:

15. (Phone number; Include Country, City and Area Codes)



So if I have my Fiances number.

Example: (555) 555-5555



What numbers would I put for the Country and City, where do I ever find that?



He lives in Canada/Ontario, if that helps any. Telephone number on my I-129f fiance visa form? What does it mean country/city/area codes?
Ask him for his phone number. If he says 10 digits, then the first 3 digits are the area code. In Ontario you cannot call any local number without also dialling the area code.



1 is for Canada and USA

(555) is area code

555-5555 is the phone number



Area codes refers to a province or a part of a province.

Some large cities have two area codes. You said Ontario.

Since I also live in Ontario this is the info I have.



Toronto Metropolitan Area has - 416 %26amp; 647

this includes Scarborough, North York, Etobicoke and Mississauga



The commuter suburbs surrounding Toronto - 289 %26amp; 905

This area includes Oakville, Vaughan, Unionville, Stouffville, Richmond Hill, Pickering, Oshawa, St Catherines, Niagara Falls and possibly Kingston



London, Sarnia and Windsor is 519

Barrie, North Bay, Sudbury and Sault St Marie stretching north all the way up to James Bay. Timmins, Cochrane, Hearst and Kapuskasing - 705

Kenora and Thunder Bay - 807

Ottawa, Ottawa River Valley, Brockville, Cornwall and Peterborough and everywhere east to the Quebec border - 613

(Kingston may or may not be in this code. It is right on the border of 905 and 613)



hope this helpsTelephone number on my I-129f fiance visa form? What does it mean country/city/area codes?
The country calling code for Canada is +1.



(555) is the area code. I'm guessing they mean include the *names* of the country and city, since cities have many area codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment